#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Friday 1 August 2014

DRY JULY






So it's been a whole month of being booze free so I have to say a HUGE congratulations to all of the DRY JULY participants out there! 

 It's been a long July for some and an easy one for others, but if you have been dry for a month and have raised money for your charity then you deserve a massive pat on the back, and frankly, a huge glass of wine and a big CHEERS!

Congrats WE DID IT!!

I can say that with all of your help,  I have raised just under $2000 through my July for the 
Royal North Shore Hospital St Leonards. 

I cannot thank you enough for all of your donations I could NOT have done this without your generosity . It's going to the adults with cancer ward and I know how grateful the hospital is to receive it so thank you 
x




SO , did you find it difficult? - 

I found it really hard week one, probably because when I tell myself I can't have something I want it more, typical female haha. After the first week, it was the last thing on my mind ( minus a night out at the AFL - THAT was difficult, almost un Australian! ) 

 What I am finding with myself, is that I am not really craving alcohol all that much anymore.  I am not a huge drinker anyway, what we might call a ' binge drinker' because I don't come home and have a drink daily, but I will on the weekends.  I should be cracking a bottle of champagne to celebrate but I think i'll just wait for a special occasion or a nice dinner to have a wine and make it worthwhile  
( I can imagine after one drink I may be hitting the floor! )


 I am lucky enough to be heading to The Golden Door this sunday for a 3 night ' motivational ' stay and I think after my body has completely detoxified itself this will be the PERFECT way to relax and top off the whole month.

I really did feel my body detoxify itself during July and I'm not even a really heavy drinker . 
 My skin went nuts trying to get rid of all the toxins stored in my body, and i did see a change in belly fat and cellulite ( which I do have as I am a human ) I can't imagine what good it would do for heavy drinkers. 

It's a good month to not only raise awareness at how much Australians drink, and how much we rely on alcohol to have a good time, but it's a great way to empower yourself and your own personal willpower!

Donations are still open until the end of August so if you have some spare change please feel free to donate here ;


I am proud , clean and happy and healthy and I hope you all do too!


With that, can I say one last time THANK YOU to all who donated, I feel extremely touched and appreciate every one of you.


With that said.... it would be completely un Australian to not throw in a hilarious quote ....


Happy August everybody and...


CHEERS!



Casey 

xx






No comments:

Post a Comment