#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Thursday 7 August 2014

THE GOLDEN DOOR - FINAL DAY




As I wake up to my final day in paradise, I sense a place of peace within myself. I am not sad nor annoyed that I have to go home like I usually am on holidays but I am ready to start my day, conquer it and glide back home to hit life on the head with purpose and passion.

- I like what this place has done to me -


As I head up to Meditation Hill for Tai Chi for the final time, I seem to be more relaxed, less aware of the time or the cold, and more present. Something I generally find very difficult as my mind likes to wander off when things get tough. I followed along with Tai Chi still just learning , and looked forward to the morning walk once again , through the golf course. 

This time chatting to Mark who lives on the property and he helped to point out wallabies and joeys along the way and he gave me some great knowledge about the property and the wildlife ! I generally don't learn so much before 7am back home! It's a delightful change being out and about watching the sun rise and appreciating the stillness of the morning.
 It's something I will definitely try to implement when I get back home .





We then all headed to breakfast and those that were at the pool came and joined us.
What I love about the golden door is the communal moments. Coming together and sharing your days with people seems to have been lost in society, where talking to a stranger is seen as creepy or annoying, here at Golden Door, that's what it's all about - oh, and 7 second hugs . That's right. It takes 7 seconds in a hug for the endorphins to be released, and it goes just beyond awkward , but is the BEST!
So we do a lot of talking and getting to know each other and a lot of hugging. 
- The guy in Pitt Street mall with the 'Free Hugs' sign would be so impressed ! -

After breakfast I took a moment to pack my bags, and enjoy the steam room and spa one last time.
I am still mending a detox headache and I can't wait till my body loves me again! 
I've clearly been neglecting it far too much. 

Once I say my goodbye's and exchange my details with the friends I have made over the last few days, 
( thats right in only 3 days I formed amazing friendships and that excites me more than ever )
I say goodbye to The Golden Door, but not forever. 




As I drive away and back through the beautiful Hunter Valley, I feel a calm within myself and a presence that I have never felt before. Weather it be spending time in the mountains, having a detox from technology , caffeine, sugar, salt, whatever it is , I like it. I feel happy, less stressed and excited to share my experience with everyone !

If a little soul searching or even just a break away from society is what you need then, this is the place.
You may be sitting there thinking ' Pfft that's so not for me' - but you are the one who probably needs it the most.
Let your guard down. Have an experience . Make some time for  YOU. 
Because you know what?

YOU deserve it !


A few things I learnt while I was at Golden Door

1.   Inhale Peace . Exhale Love

2. Be Present. Turn your phones off and TALK to each other. 

3. LET IT GO.  - 
you can't control everything in life or the people around you so let it go .
( you are totally singing the frozen song now aren't you?!)




I have to say a huge thank you to Jo and the whole Golden Door team for having me and what a pleasure it was getting to know you all. Can't wait to see you all again soon xx


To Book A Stay or make an enquiry go to



You will LOVE it 




Casey

xx









No comments:

Post a Comment