#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Monday 29 September 2014

DERMALOGICA - SKIN CARE





So there are so many different beauty treatments flying around in the world, how do we know which one is good for us? Every beauty salon is equally as passionate and adamant that 'their' treatment is the only one that works and the rest don't.  Can't they all just love each other and be thankful that the people of the world love to spoil themselves, even if we are going from one salon to the next?

It all comes down to what you feel right with, and what works for you, and once you find it after much salon hopping, that is where you will stay!  Its trial and error really, with hopefully not too much error, especial when its face related !
I was lucky enough to try out an incredible facial from the gorgeous ladies at Dermalogica Headquarters. I have been a Dermalogica user for most of my TV years, as that is what was supplied to me on set, so I kind of just stayed with it, and took with me my two favourite products, the ultra calming cleanser and the super rich repair moisturiser for the dryer winters. 


So, we have all had a facial that is pretty much just a cleans, slap of moisturiser, and they send us on our way thinking… " wow I just paid 200 bucks for something my 7 year old nephew could do for me "
but when you find a place that really takes skincare into consideration, then you really feel the difference and realise it is money well spent. 

My experience at Dermalogica was nothing more than perfect. 
The place literally feels like the Willy Wonka factory for beauty!
The headquarters in Crows Nest, is not only a beauty treatment centre but also a place of learning for Dermalogica students, so you feel extremely well looked after!

My treatment began with filling out a form all about me and my skin so that they know what they are working with and what my skin issues were, mainly dryness and a bit of redness. 

Then Sophie, my lovely therapist whisked me into a robe and into my treatment room ready to begin!

She shone a light with a magnifying glass onto my skin and started what they call ' face mapping' to look at all the sections of my face to look at what areas needed work and away she began!


The whole treatment was so relaxing filled with amazing aromatherapy smells , face scrubs, serums, moisturisers , steaming and all of the things that I just KNEW were doing my skin wonders.


After I fell into a tiny sleep ( how could I not I was too relaxed )  I sat up and literally had not felt that relaxed in a long time.  My skin was glowing and I knew I needed the products she used to add to my already growing Dermalogica collection at home !

She talked me through what she had used and spoke to me about the importance of a minimal face scrub daily, along with a serum , and a tinted 30+ face moisturiser for premature ageing from skin damage. 

I took her advice as her skin was glowing like a babies, and a glided on back to my car with a bag of new products and an excitement for an almost make up free summer due to my skin being almost perfect 
( lets hope! ) 




















Skin care doesn't have to be draining, just make sure you cleanse and moisturise, and then throughout the week you can do your masks, scubs and all of the other exciting stuff!

It really does pay off to have regular facials, and if you keep up your home routine you won't need them as often.  It is your face after all, so why wouldn't you want to look after it?

With the australian sun being as harsh as it is, it's obviously important to wear an SPF and don't worry you will still tan over it, but you will be blocking out skin cancer causing rays!  

Look after your skin now and you will be laughing when your 70  and looking 50 !


To book into the incredible Dermalogica Headquarters contact them HERE:

111 Chandos Street
Crows Nest
NSW 2065
Australia


tel: (1800) 659 118 or 

(02) 8437-9600
fax: (02) 9437 9900



I highly recommend giving it a go!

Thank you EGPR for the experience. 



Get that skin of yours glowing ! 
Summer is just around the corner after all! 


Casey 



xx




2 comments:

  1. This blog aware me about different programs which can become very useful for our friends and kids. Few websites provide combined courses and few of the are separately for single subject. Glad to get this information.ถุงใต้ตา

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we have to face a lot of confusion when we found different opinion of different hundreds of articles related to same question. But I think now I am close to resolve my doubts after reading this blog.zermix ครีม

    ReplyDelete