#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Friday 23 January 2015

SIMPLE HEALTH






I get asked all the time what I like to snack on and what are a few of the things I have in my daily routine that are healthy and easy to buy.   Below I have picked out some of my favourite snacks, and healthy morsels that you can buy too, and throw into your week to feel healthy, fit and strong, especially after the silly season!

I like to add extra protein into my diet and if you are exercising often you should too. 

Below are some of my favourites, along with some H2O and some pretty amazing vitamins.

ENJOY! 


ISOWHEY PROTEIN POWDER

This Organic PEA + BROWN RICE protein powder is a fabulous addition to your breakfast smoothie in the morning, or if you like to bake, you can use in most cases instead of flour. It's also gluten, dairy and soy free and is vegan friendly with no artificial flavours, colours or sweeteners . Phew!

I like to make a smoothie every morning using a big spoonful of the protein, a banana, frozen berries, LSA, coconut water and spinach leaves.  It tastes amazing and this protein will thicken the smoothie and helps to keep you full until lunchtime ( or snack time ) where I like to munch on these ...


BROWN RICE PROTEIN BALLS

                                         
I love the taste of these little protein balls. They are Dark Choc and Goji flavour, so they give you the sweet hit of chocolate but are still good for you. They are easy to carry around in your work or gym bag and are low in sugar so you won't feel guilty eating them. They are also portioned so you can't over do it and eat a million of them (although you may want to ).  They are perfect to take on long haul flights as well, saving you from eating bags and bags of salty peanuts. 




DIVINITA VITAMINS


There are so many vitamins and health promises in bottles all around the world, but what I like about DIVINITA vitamins is that they are derived from brown algae seaweed which assists in keeping the body alkalised, and keeps the body functioning with more energy and also helps with digestion and food absorption. Since taking these vitamins daily I haven't been sick and have had more energy and much better digestion. I would recommend these DIVINITA vitamins to anyone who is slightly confused with the vitamin industry and want something a bit more natural. There is also a range for cellulite, and slimming , so whatever you need this range can help you out. 



THE BAR COUNTER



This colourful and delicious selection of health food bars available in Coles are one of my new addictions. I honestly can't get enough. If I am in need of a sweet fix and don't want to blow out on a Krispy Kreme*  doughnut I grab one of these bad boys ( ok maybe 2 )  and the craving is sorted. There are so many flavours to choose from including, Banana & Quinoa, Raspberry Truffle, Brown Rice Almond and Green Tea and many more and I haven't yet had one that I didn't like.  
My absolute favourite is the Raw Chocolate ( pictured above) it is so delicious and a perfect 3pm sugar craving pick me up but without the guilt!




FIJI WATER



Fiji Water is a long time favourite, and for some reason it's become a little bit of a 'fashionable water' to carry around. It seems crazy but I think it's to do with the super cute packaging and the fact that it so easily fits in your handbag without weighing you down. 
I like to fill my bottle with a little bit of Chlorophyl to keep my body alkalised and fresh from the inside.
My fridge is always filled with FIJI water so i'm ready to go and keep hydrated throughout the day as it's sometimes hard to remember to drink enough water.  


_________________


I hope you enjoy these simple healthy items as much as I do. Its been hard lately with travel and changing time zones to eat well, so I try to carry these things with me wherever I go to give me some kind of structure and normality.
Don't get me wrong I totally ate plenty of pizza ( yes this girl likes to EAT ) but all in moderation of course.



Enjoy and keep healthy.. don't forget you are allowed to have that pizza slice too!





CASEY


xxx







1 comment: