#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Sunday 22 February 2015

SWANK AND ROCHE






Here is a little interview I did with www.swankandroche.com 

Check out their cool website for lots of other interviews as well as health and beauty, fashion and entertainment. 

_________________________________


She's a TV presenter, blogger, actress and singer and also 
a teacher of  pilates! 

You may remember Casey Burgess from your television screen 
in her role on the hit show HI-5 or perhaps you have seen her
singing on youtube!

We were lucky enough to get the opportunity to ask Casey 
some questions about her career, new music, inspirations 
and aspirations. As well as the the possibility
of dropping an album!

Find out what she had to say below....



We have heard whispers of you dropping an album, is this something that we can be expecting soon?

Writing an album has to be one of the hardest things in the world !  Its like a never ending project that you keep finding things you want to change . I am hoping this year I will have something solid enough that I  will want to release.  I think its all about finding that perfect sound that you are happy with and you just hope other people will enjoy it as much as you do. 


Who is your music inspiration and why? 

I like any artists that have a good story to tell. I like to feel things when I listen to music.  I grew up listening to a lot of country music which I think has been very beneficial in learning how to song-write. I started out writing because of artists like Keith Urban, Kasey Chambers, The dixie chicks,   but now obviously my music range has varied and I love so many artists it's hard to keep track. Pink is definitely a favourite, along with Patty Griffin . 


What style of music do you like?

I love blues, folk, pop, country, rap,  rock and roll , anything that has a strong melody that I can sing to ! I'm a bit of a closet Eminem fan.   haha


Are there any other talents that you have, that no one knows about?

Um, I teach Pilates which I absolutely love!


You have done a few acting roles, who have you loved working with most?

I really enjoyed working with Richard Roxburgh on RAKE. His energy is just professional and good to be around on a set of so many people.  Watching him change from just chatting normally to totally being in character is pretty special. He is a genius. 


If you could work with anyone in the music industry who would it be and why?

I have always wanted to sing with Kasey Chambers, I think Casey and Kasey would also have a good ring to it :) If I had to choose an international it would be Ed Sheeran.  I am in love with his tone and his lyrics.  Singing harmonies with that guy would be incredible !


Have always wanted to be an actress and singer  from a young age?

Always!  I have been putting on shows in the lounge room since  can remember .  I couldn't imagine doing anything else with my life to be honest. I love it so much. I feel very privileged to be able to love what I do for a living. 


What can we expect from you in the future?

Hopefully more music, and television and I would love to bring out a line of Pilates clothing. My brain is never ending with ideas for what I want to do with my life. 


One thing that you have not done before but would like to…

I've never been the lead in a musical.  I have always wanted to play Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors!  








Check out more at Swankandroche.com

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment